Mr. Del Bosque

Mr. Del Bosque is the assistant principal at Forbes Middle School who was just promoted to  principal for the 2018-2019 school year. Mr. Del Bosque’s new position was announced on April 18, 2018 during a faculty meeting. He will replace our interim principal Mrs.Haynes effective June 1st.

Mr. Del Bosque has worked at Forbes for two years and has held many positions in his career such as science teacher, coach, athletic director, science curriculum coordinator, interim principal, and as a principal at several campuses. He has been working in education since 2007. As the assistant principal at Forbes he has worked as a campus testing coordinator, administrator for English Language Learners, and has been involved with the science and math departments. His new role will have him more involved on instruction and things happening in the classroom while dealing less with student behavior problem. Mr. Del Bosque is very excited to start his position as principal.  He said, “I am very excited to serve the community in a different way.” Being a teacher was a rewarding experience for him, but Mr. Del Bosque wanted to be a principal so he could invest in more than just the ones in his classroom while  still interacting with students . He also enjoys getting to work with all of the staff members to ensure that that the school runs efficiently. If Mr. Del Bosque was not a principal he said he would be a physical therapist because in high school when he tore his ACL he went to a physical therapist and thought he would be interested in that line of work. Mr. Del Bosque went to college at Tarleton State University commonly known as “The Harvard of the South” where he received his bachelor’s degree. Later receiving a masters degree from Texas State University. He attended Dublin High School (not in Ireland). His favorite subjects were math and science and his favorite teacher was Mrs. Tyler– his third grade teacher.

Mr. Del Bosque married  Kara Jones on December 12th, 2014.  Mrs. Del Bosque is the head volleyball coach at Eastview High School. She attended Louisiana Tech University. The couple  have four kids Kendall (9), Skylar (6), Case (5), Mason (2), and they’re expecting a baby Micah in about a month. Mr. Del Bosque enjoys spending time with his kids at the park and watching his older kids play soccer.  He also enjoys watching his favorite sport-  football and eating his favorite food- chicken fried steak.

We can’t wait to see Mr. Del Bosque in his new role as Principal helping out students and staff improving the campus at Forbes Middle School.