NFL Draft

The NFL Draft is going to be held in Arlington TX the weekend of April 26-28. All 32 NFL teams will be participating in the 7 round selection of hopeful college athletes.

The draft selection order is based on the teams’ standing after the 2017 season. The top 15 predicted selections are,first cleveland browns–Sam Darnold(QB,USC),New York giants–Saquon Barkley(RB,penn state),new york jets–Josh Rosen(QB,UCLA), browns–minkah Fitzpatrick(traded players to texans for selection)  (DB,Alabama),Denver Broncos–Josh Allen(QB,Wyoming),Indianapolis colts–Bradley Chubb(DE,N.C State),Tampa Bay Buccaneers–Quinton Nelson(G,Notre Dame),Chicago bears–Denzel Ward(QB,Ohio State),San Francisco 49ers–Tremaine Edwards(LB,Virginia Tech),Oklahoma Raiders–Roquan Smith (LB,Oklahoma),Miami Dolphins–Baker Mayfield(QB,Oklahoma),Buffalo Bills–Mike McGlinchey(T,Notre Dame), Washington Redskins–derwin james(DB,FSU), Green Bay Packers- Josh Jackson(CB,Iowa), Arizona Cardinals–Connor Williams(T,Texas)

Sports writers will conduct a mock draft to make predictions about the players which may be drafted. The players performance during the combine events is the leading indicator for their successful entrance into the NFL. The mock draft takes place in the

same order as the real draft. The mock draft has already gone through three rounds, and is on the fourth. Only 10% of college players are drafted.

The NFL draft began on February 8th 1936. The first draft had 9 rounds and by 1939 the draft consisted of 20 rounds. Bonus rounds were added in 1947 and ended in 1958. In 1980s they decided to make the quarterbacks a part of the first round picks and in 2000, teams would be able to trade players already on their roster for more selections in the first round and so forth.