Mrs. Brockway- School Counselor

Ilyssa Sanchez

Before Mrs. Brockway came to our school she was a private therapist and she worked at a group practice in Pflugerville and it was very different because it was a very different career she would see only 5-6 clients per day and something that was very different was her schedule she worked pretty late and she even worked on Saturdays but it was an alternative school so what that means was that the students where sent there for various reasons.  When Mrs. Brockway was a child she wanted to be a children’s book author, fashion designer, or a lawyer, but somehow she became a counselor.  She decided she wanted to be a counselor was when she was in high school (11th grade) and that’s when it all began. At the time she was 16 or 17.

When she isn’t at school she is exercising (cross fit), shopping, watching Netflix, and spending time with her husband family and friends. She loves cats she has two named Boots and Shadow.   She played softball for a few seasons, but she discovered that sports weren’t her thing. she loves running by herself even though she never participated in track or cross-country.  Her favorite color is purple. Her second dream job would be somewhere near the ocean.  She would love to be teaching yoga or meditation classes by the beach.  Her favorite number is seven because her birthday in on March 17 which is St. Patrick’s Day . She does want kids, but only when the time is right. She has lived in different parts of Texas like McKinney, Abilene, Irving, Denton,  and Georgetown.